Sunday, December 24, 2017

This Genealogist's Christmas Wish

My Christmas Wish
Written by Esther Eley Jones
12 Dec 2013

Dear Santa,

Genealogists have unusual wishes,
As you will see.
But this is my Christmas list,
With this year’s new gist.
I am searching for my Lee ancestor,
And have not found him still.
He moved from place to place and didn’t leave a trail,
So, Santa I think this ancestor must have been very frail,
Because he left no will,
If only he had left a will,
And had not been such a pill.
He seemed to evade the census takers,
And was not a mover and shaker,
Although he was a farmer,
He didn’t own any land,
So, Santa, please help me out here
By finding this elusive man.
Others are searching for him,
So, I ask you Santa, to find him if you can.
Santa, I know you can find him,
Because you travel throughout this land.
All I want for Christmas is the father of Jordan Lee,
I have searched and searched and searched and he is hard see.
And he has been alluding me,
For, for too long.
So, come on Santa bring this man home.
If only I could have him, I would feel very strong.
Another desire of life
Is to find him and his wife.
But, I will need their birthdates
Also, where they were born.
Because if I don’t get that wish, I may become forlorn.
Santa, my heart is yearning
For all this family history learning.
Too know my 4th great grandparents,
Will fill my heart with joy,
So please Santa,
Fulfill a genealogist’s dream,
By completing my Lee team.
Then I will be content for Christmas
And can begin another quest.
For that is no gest.

Merry Christmas to all
And Happy Ancestor Hunting!

Harvesting Oats in Oak Grove in West Carroll Parish, Louisiana
Photo from Ronnie Ainsworth from the group, You Knew You Grew Up in West Carroll Parish, Louisiana

No comments:

Post a Comment